Friday, October 12, 2007

A Voluntary Public Service announcement:-)

One of my favorite blogs is: Encourage a Brotha (now: BlackMaleAppreciation.com). I never see any comments on their posts - but I love their content. They give a sistah like me, HOPE! One of their articles (which I pray everyone will read) focuses on the Three Doctors, who have written a new book about making peace with their fathers! There is much positive going ON - despite what the media is promoting! So, I ask, if we can spread the Jena 6 news can we spread something to uplift us and bring a SMILE to our faces, please? Thanx!

Check out the link below:
http://blackmaleappreciation.com/2007/10/12/three-black-doctors-work-on-daddies/


Enjoy this beautiful interview of three professional Black men BY a professional Black man:

8 Comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

It's a case of proper bonding for father and son. More often than not, fathers always admonish his son to do as the father say and not as the father do. But it's a mixed up message and the son only ends up more confused with this kind of moral hypocrisy. Only the presence of the Lord within the midst of the father and son relationship can bring that relationship to the ideal state where both father and son bask in glory of the Lord's presence and is imbibed by the unfolding of His plans for their lives. Thanks for the usual wonderful post. Smile. God bless and have a nice and trouble free weekend.

CapCity said...

Dear Mel - proper bonding is difficult/impossible if the father is not present. I was blessed to know and bond with both my parents. I am looking forward to reading this new book because these men reached out to their fathers, I think. As always, your visits and comments are greatly appreciated. Enjoy your weekend also!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

im gone chk him ou sista and add him

T. S. Snowden said...

I have you to thank for hipping me to this blog through the BD site! I love it and added it to my blogroll! Girl it gave HOPE!

CapCity said...

T-All-Mi-T - i figured u would appreciate that link...not that u need more work - but they're also looking for writers;-).

Femigog - i'm glad u felt hopeful, too. it is an uplifting spot, fo' sho & we need all we can get;-)

Shai said...

Cap, I am picking up this book. Thanks for sharing this info. I am debating on looking up my father. My daughter wants me to do it. I am leery of opening up a nasty can of worms. I have anger at this man I have only saw a handful of times. Last time I saw him, I was about 7 or 8. I remember his disposition was so ugly. Kids can pick up on those things. He was a liar, drug dealer and selfish. That is hard to get over. I know I must I just wonder if need to find him to have peace.

CapCity said...

Shai - i've learned that strangely all beauty isn't pretty...if that makes sense...i've struggled with my relationship w/ my mother as it sounds you've struggled with your relationship with your father. I learned to love & forgive my mother when I looked "beyond" her and realized that she had been injured so badly that she lashed out at EVERYthing & EVERYone near her.
Not saying that you're going to discover that your father is this wonderful person...he is human and if u can...step back and actually look at ALL of the circumstances which molded him. For years I didn't want to believe that I had any traits like my mother - when in fact, I'm a GREAT deal like her. Now, I can embrace those traits. I wish u love & peace on that journey...

the prisoner's wife said...

interesting...

beloved sent me a letter the other day & in it he mentioned why he sometimes acts the way that he does (about not trusting). a lot of stems from his sometimey relationship with his dad. i'm glad these brothas made peace...hopefully, one day beloved can move past those issues with his own dad.

blogger templates | Make Money Online