Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Where in the City is CAP?

Several have asked what I'm doing in hiding.

Here it is:

*Seeking employment -- when did it take this long (2 months & counting) to simply find a salaried J.O.B. where I have no desire to battle with supervisors' egos past quitting time? Give me a shout if you know anyone who wants a receptionist, admin. asst. or any other position filled that an educator/developing writer can handle without too much emotional output. How do I tell an employer nicely that I just want to cover my living expenses and go home to my books after giving them 8 hours of me (or did I already do that by posting it on this blog;-)?

*Writing, Writing & WRITING. Several different projects going on at once and this job search is getting in the way. LOL! Check out a new li'l spot & motivator I found: NaNoWriMo. Oh, yea - Reading, too - but that seems to be synonymous with Writing. LOL!

Climbing back into my lock-box, now...whew! Who knew this could be so all consuming? ;-)

*click image for source - female escape artist

17 Comments:

T. S. Snowden said...

YAY! You're doing Nanowrimo too! I do it every year and have 5 books to show for it (none published yet but soon.....)
I know what you mean about not wanting a job that still has you on task after quitting time!

Shai said...

Nanowrimo I tried it twice and this year I declined. I am doing my poetry book all November, well at least the first edits.

I hope you get an unemotional spot soon. I can relate to having a J.O.B. that finances and does not tax ya. Good luck on the writing projects.

KIKI said...

Patience, Sis! Just have patience; the right job will pop up soon.

On another note...you know you silly for that picture, right!?LOL Get yo azz out that trunk...hehehe

Dee said...

It can take months and months
Sometimes it just doesn't make sense why it takes so long.

Dee said...

okay
never mind. I was there thinking you would have an e-mail--even a shadow where we can get in touch with you but hey, maybe everybody else needs to hear about
www.nonprofitstaffing.com

they are very good about sending out periodic emails letting ppl know what positions they are trying to fill right away.

Suldog said...

Good luck, CC. You're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Cheering from the sidelines!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Good luck with the job search. It's hard out here right now.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

I hope you get your dream job. You are so talented and you write so well, it will be a pity to see such talent not being appreciated by would be employers. I pray to the Lord that He will give you your wonderful job- one where your talents and skills will really flourish and be maximized. Thanks for the post. Smile always. God bless and have a wonderful and pleasant day.

CapCity said...

The jury's still out on the NaNo thang - will see how it goes;-).

Thanx to each of you for the prayers & support! I'm learning to embrace & trust the power in prayer & good energies!

GC thanx for that info.!

hee hee - Kiki - glad u like that flick - it's PERFECT for how i'm feeling these dayz (but i come out on weekends & gets DOWN - need the release - this wkend is in YOUR honor b'day girl;-)!!

Big Ole Country Group HUG:
((((FemiGog-Shai-KiKi-GC-SulDog-SoG-Diva-Mel-anyone -who-comes-when-I'm-back-in-the-box-C'mon-Squeeze-in-where-u-fit-in;-)))))

Rich Fitzgerald said...

love the new look

jac said...

the new look, kinda cute! I love it...
Oh !...and you too.
:)

Lisa Johnson said...

Nice new look! Very clean and crisp. And good luck witht he job search and NaNoWrimo. ; )

Anonymous said...

love the new look!!!!!!!!:)

The OE said...

In such a situation a secret agent would take on a freelance mission and continue to maintain security on their perimeter

Dezel Quillen said...

Hello Cap,

Prayers and well wishes are with you to find the perfect job that will suit your needs. Also, good luck with the side projects – you are going to have your name in lights one day friend! Happy Sipping :)

Dezel

Anonymous said...

check this out

blogger templates | Make Money Online