Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nostalgic...NOT

Wow. My Mom slapped me "skrait" back to reality and out of that nostalgia that I had slipped into while I was "home" for my Thanxgiving visit.

I had a much needed wonderful time with family and friends this past weekend. I mean: the food was plentiful and delicious (& since most of my family is vegetarian or health conscious - I could stay "on track", for the most part;-), I got my drink on, boogie on AND flirt on (with my girls on Friday night). One of my good friends has returned from the ATL to DC to teach at our favorite school where we met, because as she says, "They're one of the only private schools that really gets it".

As I absorbed all of that love and information my "heart" wheels started spinning and the thought came to mind: Maybe I should return to DC, too. I'll be surrounded by folks who love me and no doubt, I could easily slip into a well paying gig at my favorite school. So, I took the chance to see what my family thought of that idea as we sat around "kickin' it". I could barely form the question, "Should I move ba--??"

My mother spat out a resounding, "NO!"

Well --- I guess that's settled. LOL!

But, join me as I groove with Ahmad anyway:

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't it funny how momma's do that?

Diva's Thoughts said...

HAHAHA! Nothing like a momma to REALLY keep it real. LOL

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

LOL momma is always right u lil private schol girl LOL

Dan said...

Why wouldn't your mom want you back?

KIKI said...

Giiiirrrllll...dats my shyyyyyt!!!

*head bobbin...wavin drank in da air*

"back in da day when i was young im not a kid anymore but somedays i just sit back & wish i was a kid again..." hoooooaaaahhh

(sorry...been drankin...you know how I do)

No matter how much we try to deny it sometimes, momma ALWAYS knows best (unless she cracked out or somethin...but that's another topic)!

I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL I am dying!! That is like when I tried to move back into my mother's house. LOL Well, that was a NO-Go. LOL

BTW...have you been flakin' on church? LOL

T. S. Snowden said...

Girl mom aint no joke! LOL Thanks for the groove!

CapCity said...

Soj G - yea, momas don't play!

Diva - only a moma can keep it that REAL;-).

T-Dawg - yea, i know moma's right;-)

Dan - i don't think my mom wants me to fall back into complacency...

Kiki - awwww, thanx, Sis! glad u're enjoying the tunes;-). Mom's certainly knows i need to stay out of dc to keep my edge!

Amn.eris - u caught me;-)...yea, i've been strugglin' with myself here lately...but i'll be back this Sunday. And TRUST me - i had no INTENTION of returning to my MOTHER's residence...grown women can't live together;-).

Femigog - glad u like the groove & enjoyed a laugh;-).

Unknown said...

Don't you just love a good parent? LOL!

Ms. Lee said...

Well damn. She didn't have to say it LIKE THAT! LOL. Gotta love the moms!

CapCity said...

Ced - u KNOW it!

Ms. Lee!!! How u been? good2Cya:-) ... yea, u gotta love Moms

blogger templates | Make Money Online