Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Few Random 'Musings...


  • Mannn, I'm glad to be GLAD about going to work in a school again. Yea, I know this is a new gig & expect it will have its share of "bitch features" like every job - but it feels right & I'm excited! I went for a meeting yesterday and I felt like an exuberant school kid: getting new supplies, meeting new folk, hearing the initial low down on the up coming routine & taking notes. I really DO love being in the private school environment (had to clarify that after my year subbing in NYC's public schools. LOL!;-).

  • I'm working on a book about my educational experiences where i'll lay it all out! Stay tuned;-).

  • Living a long time is a wonderful blessing! I never understand folk who dislike celebrating more & more birthdays. I get better & more excited about all that I'm discovering about self with each passing, day, month & year!! It's too bad that aging has a negative connotation. In the voice of Katt Williams: U don't like aging? Aging is da Shyt! And to quote my eldest sister: "I don't tell my age cuz I don't want to embarrass U!" ;-).

  • T-Dawg's not the only one who hang dries his clothes. My mama still does, too & I luv it. I'll do so again when/if I ever move to a home with a yard;-).

  • Thanx to Sistah Nicole getting me undeniably riled into politics, my new motto is: Enjoy your life & BeCome your Dream! I did borrow the Become Your Dream part from De la Vega.

  • I wish I had time to thoroughly read through the archives of all my fave bloggers. I wish I could read blogs while at the beach (without printing them out;-) - even with wireless I won't have my laptop exposed to all that sand & sun.

  • I'm LOVING my new Header created by Sistah KoffeeDyme! Sometimes I just stare at it: it's so me - head in the clouds;-). I simply described that I'd like either moving clouds or water crashing on the shore - and her finished product "feels" as if she read my mind!

  • As always, I had fun with my BTRadio segment. This segment has music, a great conversation with Rich (thanx 4 callin' in, Bruh!), gave several bloggers luv (as I DO;-), and it focuses on a topic that I feel is needed for sparking other conversations about self acceptance. I like this BTR thang over all - surprisingly, I get a li'l nervous cuz I never know who hears it or how I'm going to sound.

8 Comments:

Calder said...

Big time conrats on the new job gig, best of luck to you there!! Sounds great!

Smiles!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Cool stuff on the new job.

And your new banner IS rather tight!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

clothes line are cheaper and better

KIKI said...

I love hanging laundry on the line, too. My problem is that I'm always in a hurry & dont have the patience for the extra time it takes for them to dry...unless theres a good breeze blowin.

And I've never understood people who dont want to celebrate they're birthdays, either. I feel like we just get better with age...like a fine wine. My friends & family know that if I dont do anything else all year round, when my b-day comes up...WE GONE PAR-TAY!!(and I'm stealing that line from your big sis by the way)

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

i love that quote from your SIS...will have to steal that..
man the beach looks so RELAXING!!!
Enjoy your new job...remain in the present!!!

p.s. added you to my roll..hope you don't mind! *wink*

Anonymous said...

I'm glad i was able to help you out.
Oh, we still do the hanging laundry on the line during the warmer months. but since we built a patio in the backyard and a new dryer... the line hasn't been set-up this summer.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Love the new header!

Clothes line...LOL! my Mom had one when I very little. YOU know I could put one in my yard and hang clothes outside. That would be cool for my kids to see!

I am glad you have a new gig!

See you soon!

CapCity said...

calder - thanx;-)!

2nd 68 - thank ya very much;-)

T-Dawg - i DO luv that outdoor fresh smell;-).

Kiki - i KNOW tha's RIGHT! & sis won't mind;-).

GeeGee - thanx! feel free to add me - i've added u;-).

D'lee - thanx aGAIN! my mom's had the same line since i was li'l! lol!

Love - tha's funny: u entertaining the kids w/ a clothes line! LOL! c u SOON!

blogger templates | Make Money Online