I'm no Virgin...
but I've never been explored...
I am virgin territories of unexplored depths.
I've been touched.
But, rarely connected.
I've been held.
But, rarely sheltered.
I've been in conversations.
But, rarely conferred with.
I've been looked at.
But, rarely looked into.
I've been listened to.
But, rarely heard.
I've been kissed.
But, rarely distinguished.
I've danced with.
But, rarely worked through steps.
I've partied with.
But, rarely been party to the collaboration of committed partnership.
And Now,
I am being regenerated
By The Creator ... for the Brother
... who I will fight for...not with.
... who will be the first... to be my last.
C.A. Paige©April 2007
Saturday, April 7, 2007
No Virgin
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 4/07/2007
Labels: conversations, dancing, love, passion, poem by cap, poetry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

22 Comments:
Very nice, CC. And, I love the picture!! You look great!
thanx, GG - i felt like a girly girl in this photo = made me think of u! ;-)
Excellent Cap! You put it out there...so only the right brother should step up. Me likes! The pic is so Girly-Girl cute too!
ceepeepee . . . says rat'on sis!!!! keep write/rite/right-on following your inside guidance and directions!!!
Thanx Miz..I'm learning the principle of "ask & it shall be given unto u":-)!
Thanx to My MainAppleScrapple Conan for all your enCOURAGEment!!
Nice piece. Sincere and sweet.
I'm really digin this sistah Cap...nice work!
this is my princess lil momma
very nicely done, Cap.
I trust the right guy with only the right intentions can see you for the woman of faith you are.
I really dug that. I was Cool. Real Cool. And very Girly Girl.
thanx for all the luv! u all know how to make a sistah feel good about her expressions:-)
I've partied with.
But, rarely been party to the collaboration of committed partnership.
Lady, the photo stopped me in my tracks. Sista is BEAUTIFUL! The poem sat me down like a mother talking with a child. You're trying to make a fan of me, aren't you?
I like that, as a woman married twenty eight years...connecting is so nice...over and over again...
Love and Blessings...
angelia
he's out there, you just haven't crossed paths with him, yet! you (unlike many others) know exactly what you want, now all you have to do is realize it (him) when he comes to you.
very well done and inspirational post. i especially like the Jennifer Hudson video, that was my favorite song in the movie (i like to think it was her performance of "I Am Changing" that won her the Oscar!).
thank you for visiting plezWorld, since i am continually drawn to your blogs, i will have to add them to my BlogRoll so that i can visit on a regular basis. thanks again!
thanx ced, ms. ac & plez for the compliments, blessings & wisdoms. God is So Good ALL the time, the least I can do is remain faithful...
damn I need to rered the piece thought Cap was trying to ask a brother to hit it from behind .. I was thinking it's a sh*tty job but hey aint that what friends are for hehehee
very nice flow mami just f*ggin with ya
Cortney, U STOOOPID! lol! tha's why we luv u though...keep us from taking ourselves too seriously. thanx for coming thru;-)
Beautiful poem!
Hey, Cap City!
Great poem! I think many of us want to be known more deeply for who we are. I feel fortunate to have married an Afro-Brazilian woman who knows all about me and loves me anyway.
There have been a number of women who knew and loved me deeply and accepted me just as I am. But it's taken me a very long time (I'm 43) to become able to accept such love and to accept that it may not come from the person whom I first would have imagined. Preconceived notions are the enemy of love.
Pardon me for posting this at both of your blogs. I saw your comments over at plezWorld and I've got some ideas I'd like to share with you, about the role of teachers involving young Black people in the Afrosphere Blog Movement.
For example, teachers could assign to students the task of starting an (Afrosphere) blog and putting in a site counter to see which student gets the most hits and why.
I think this could be an excellent ongoing educational tool for our young people, while also uniting Black people on the Internet with their peers as well as intergenerationally, in the US and the entire African diaspora.
But it all is student-centered, starting with each student's self-expression, language and creative skills.
Can violence between youths go down and self-esteem increase if students vie for primacy on the Internet instead of with guns and expensive sneakers?
Also, I've written an article
Considering the Records of Hillary Clinton vs. Barack Obama.
Please have a look and join this discussion about how to build the Afrosphere and how to make the most gains for Blacks in 2008.
thanx Sistah Anali & Brother f.l. holland (interesting concept bro. holland).
I'm feeling so thankful that The Creator is using me as one of Life's conduits to spread literary HUGZ:-)
Written well, quite explicit.
But, the challenge is, are you willing to hold on till he comes?
'cos, come he surely will. Cheers.
Wow, Rethots - been a minute since I checked this post. Thanx 4 coming thru & showing luv! Explicit, ya think? And it surely IS a challenge to hold on 'til he comes;-).
Post a Comment