Can we get a moment of silence for the ORIGINAL Biggie Smalls?
I was heart broken to learn that one of my heroes, Calvin Lockhart had passed away last week on March 29th. He will always be remembered by me as one of the finest Brothers on the Big Screen. My prayers go out to his family.
photo credit
Back2TopOfIntimateSide
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
To Honor Calvin Lockhart
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 4/04/2007
Labels: biggie smalls, Black men, blessings, calving lockhart, in honor of
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 Comments:
He was a bad brother. Smooth as hell.
True! True! True! My Girl who emailed the news to me refers to me as Calvin's Faux Wife;-).
Yes, a very cool dude!
oh man... i didn't know that! thanks for the update...no doubt he was a bad brotha!
wow, another legend loss...
he was definitely an icon of the 70's black film revolution
rest in peace brother...
OMG!!!!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS...OMG....I LOVED HIM.. Silky Slim...I was just thinking about the smoothness of him and how delicious his voice sounded when he robbed madam zanobia's... man cc, you did something to me today. How are we going to pay tribute to him. I'm going to watch everything I have with him in it tonight.. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.
lol! JMW, U R toooo funny, my newest kindred spirit! I too have pulled out all my movies with him in them! I was searching for something on UTube - but they "ti'ed azzez" don't have what I NEED - Brother Lockhart's SMOOTHEST performance at Madame Zenobia's when he made them strip and his sexy voice as he simply uttered", Umph, Umph, umph, Lord ha' mercy" when the sistah stripped:-)!!! A Brother never "looked so good" with a mask on. LOL!
I remember him from Good Times. He was Florida's cousin with the gambling addiction.
yeah he was pimpin in those blackxplotation films .. damn didn't know dude died ... why is it we know when all white celebs either real once or false die yet our heroes only get captions .. Thank GOD for the Bloggers huh
Post a Comment