
There are a mere eleven days left in 2007. This past year has been wonderfully full of learning and seed planting for me. Often times, harvesting the best life-crops is rough: lots of rock-hard thought patterns and debris to be worked around, over and out as I prepare the ground work.
I've come out of my writer's shell and been blessed to join a new book project. I've spent time with some incredible authors (both established and budding) who encourage and inspire me to keep-a comin' on as Brother Sterling Brown did. Proudly, there is substance building in my first novel, featuring Reyna - who you'll meet in the new book project. God willing that first novel will be birthed/published by Fall 2008. I have developed an educational work book and workshop for parents who need assistance in selecting schools then helping their children through school once enrolled. That website will be launched in early 2008. Slowly, I am learning prosperity principles and that networking is a noble skill. I have made some incredible contacts with others who are life-long entrepreneurs who welcome me to their "fold" as long as they see that I'm about my hustle, too. I have read many truly inspirational books (including the one pictured above: The Bond) which have helped me understand myself better, as well as, my place in the world. I feel my relationships are getting richer as a result.
All of this growth and development was going on as I entered into my second year of partial employment. This partial employment experience has taught me that I really will be alright despite the chaos thrown at me by the world. This year of partial employment snatched the controlling reins from my grip as I was forced to accept the blessings offered and to trust as folx (too many to list here, for now:-) have stepped in to support me in a myriad of ways (thanx to them I haven't lost an ounce;-). This year's self reflection has revealed that I need to return to the independent school world to continue to grow where I was rooted.
May ALL of us take flight in what I trust will be a GREAT 2008 filled with Love, Life and Dancing in the Prosperity of Our Blessings!
Click images for sources.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
2008 Will Be Great: As I Continue to Spread My Wings
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 12/15/2007
Labels: blessings, giving thanks, self discovery, self love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 Comments:
Wow
you have been busy
upright inpsiring
Alright Sis, and best to you too! But i know things are gonna work out FABULOUS!
All the best to you in 2008 Cap!
I'm glad that you itemized some of your life achievements; it makes me smile to SEE how your dream chase is going. Congrats for making it happen and taking advantage of all that God is providing.
All the best to you and yours during the holiday season and deep into the New Year.
Peace and Love.
Oh yeah, I'm diggin' the old school Maze tune!!
wishing you many blessings in 2008...happy holidays cap! :P
Hey miss City, thanks for checking me out, Im new and a little coy. I peeped in before but I came to see what was brewing today. I wish you more than the best with your project. Too many things, especially among african americans are done with good tast but no purpose. You feel the purpose and the passion in the subtle words u use about it. I'm excited for you. Moreso for the parents and children.. And Congrats on the novel, put in me in the club lol. I dont know the medium I will reach with my blog but im not intending to reach out willingly yet have my views and expressions draw people in.. Anywayz Continue to check me out and share a little from time to time. Be blessed and enjoy this season..-Q.
TheadingRoots.blogspot.com
Beautifully said; "...to spread my wings".
Have a very pleasant christmas.
If we think it, we can dream it, and dreams? They do come true.
Hope you have a wonderful years end Cap!
woman u ar the truth and happy nappy holidays
Hello CapCity,
Spreading my well wishes and wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year – Happy Sipping my friend!
Sis...don't it feel gooooood?!
Just wanted to say have a Merry Christmas & be blessed this holiday season.
Smooches....
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND I HoPE 2008 is a better year for me this one has been kind...specially not with my health. ;(
Hey girl!!!! You are a busy bee! LOL
I am wishing you nothing but the best. Good luck with the next project my dear.
now u know sterling brown my folk....he was a scholar, got his masters from Harvard and my fv book of his .....The Last Ride of Wild Bill
Speak it!! Cap! And it shall...
Let me stop for I start preaching up in here =>
Enjoy the final days of the year and don't let me catch you on New Years =>
Thanx to each of U for the love & time U spent leaving comments. Those are real gifts to me & I don't take them lightly. Now forgive me for not responding to each personally as I like to - but y'all KNOW time is a REAL commodity these days.
Kaylee - u r in my prayers for better health this 08. U r so young to endure such - which u do w/ grace.
BIG ole Country HUGZ to EACH of U!!
Post a Comment