Peeped in on CortGee today and learned the unfortunate news that comedian extra-ordinaire: Rasheed has passed away ( I hope they keep his myspace page up which is where I linked his name to - it has his baby flix & then some). A THIRTY-SIX year OLD Brother suffered a HEART-attack! WTF?! I don't care WHAT he was or was NOT doing ... how U gonna suffer a Heart ATTACK at 36? Come ON FOLX - take HEED & take CARE! Prayers go out to Rasheed's Family. I just feel blessed that I actually experienced this Brother Live & in Person with Rob Stapleton at the Laugh Lounge when my Moma & Nephew came to NYC to visit me a couple of years ago! U know I like to show folx a good time! Enjoy this clip I found of him being interviewed:
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
We Don't Always Know How Blessed We Are
Moved by The Creator, Merely posted by CapCity at 12/04/2007
Labels: Black men, precious memories, promoting another artist, promoting another blogger
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 Comments:
So young... and so close to MY age. I thank God for my life more and more daily now. Mmm...
i know but i do, i was hit by a ca at age 21, lost 4 teth, dislocated my back, broke my maxilla, was i surgey 5 hors that day and had 5 more surgeries within the 4 months to follow, said i would never walk again,and was in a cma 4 5 days - so when ever something happens to me, i say it aint like getting hit by a car
Damn! a heart attack at 36!? Tragic
on an unrelated note,glad you are back or semi-back! I wandered over here on the off chance that you may have posted and now I see a whole gang of posts I missed! let me get to catching up!
Wow, that is so unfortunate. Sometimes you can be healthy and it happen to you. I think at the end of the day, when God says it's time, it's time you know?
My heart goes out to his family. I just heard that Pimp C was killed in his hotel room. My heart goes out to his family too and Kanye West during this time.
We must enjoy life and not sweat the small stuff.
Great post.
Drop by my spot.
KimPossible
That is a shame, 36! When I first heard he passed I thought "oh,oh..another artist gunned down". Then I heard, heart attack, and I thought how sad is it that the first thing I thought was violence. Sad.
Wow! This is really sad. :(
truly sad indeed - but I don't believe God is the author of death ... He loves us too much - but thats more of a reason to be thankful!
Hey Girlie! HAPPY FRIDAY!
KimPossible
So sad to learn of this talented young Brother's death. We all better appreciate everyone while we can.
(R.I.P.) Rasheed.
Ced - yea, we must enjoy what we can while we can!
T-Dawg - DaYUMMM...I'm really glad to "meet" you, now - cuz you're still here.
Femigog - yea, this is so unfortunate. And yes, i slid back into this blog game quietly;-)... slowly making my rounds, too.
Kim - the holidays seem to increase deaths (or is it the increase in the impact?). yea, my heart goes out to all those who have lost someone recently.
David - I mean ... who would think HEART attack? sad indeed...
Diva - true...
Soumy - while death is part of the life cycle it does increase my appreciation for everyday above ground!
Jali - U r SO right!
BossMack - welcome. thanx for coming by my spot & leaving a comment.
Dang, I hadn't heard. Dude was on the come up. He was a funny cat.
Damn...a heart attack @ 36?!?!?! That's crazy [but obviously NOT unheard of]!!
This is definitely an eye opener....
Rich - he was inDEED a funny cat!
Ms.B - u're right = an eye opener. I just learned over at Miz's spot that Robin Harris also suffered a heart attack at the age of 36...
Post a Comment