Saturday, September 13, 2008

I've NEVER...

I've never...
... been molested.

I've never...
... been jumped.

I've never...
... been forced to join a gang or any organization for protection.

I've never...
... been ignorant of my parents.

I've never...
... been without a roof over my head.

I've never...
... been truly hungry to the point of starving.

I've never...
... been flat broke where I didn't have a few coins in my pockets.

I've never...
... been so filled with self-hatred that I self mutilated.

I've never...
... been so lonely that I endured an abusive relationship.

I've never...
... been more THANKFUL in my LIFE for my Life!!

This isn't a poem - just a prayer of thanx to The Creator for life's blessings. This was inspired by students & loved ones who've endured so much around me. I am amazed, encouraged & motivated by their strength!

Click image for source.

14 Comments:

12kyle said...

good one cap!!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

even if u had
u still would be blessed and thankful
thats just yo spirit folk

Mo said...

touching post

KIKI said...

Funny how most people are thankful for the things they have, but forget to be thankful for the things they dont or haven't had to endure.

Thanks for the reminder, Sis.

Suldog said...

Yeah, I complain about some things, but then I always come to the realization that I've got it better than about 99% of the people in this world. Thanks for reminding me again.

clnmike said...

I wish I could cross some of the stuff off my list but cant, still Im thankful too, lol.

Nice post.

Mizrepresent said...

Great list, great post, and more blessings to come Cap!

Organized Noise said...

Sadly, I think I can say that I have endured all of those except for one, but I am still thankful because I overcame despite going through circumstances in which others might have quit.

CapCity said...

12K, T-Dawg, Kieya, Kiki, SulDog & Miz - thanx! Glad u appreciate this perspective of mine.

Clnmike & O.N. - yea, this was actually inspired by students & loved ones CLOSE to me who have endured such harsh realities (which I added to the post)...

Unknown said...

I thank God for the parts of this list that "missed" me...and for the parts of this list that landed on me. I am the full result of both. Thanks for the reminder, lady? How is that new class treating you?

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I think we all need to make a list like this for ourselves...

Eb the Celeb said...

I've been jumped before... in middle school... long story...

and I've been broke before... without 2 pennies... in college... ate ramen noodles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a little while there...

but when looking at all the others... I am thankful too...because it can always be worse

Anonymous said...

Great post. Some people don't realize what true suffering really is and hopefully this post will help them understand that driving a Honda instead of a Lexus isn't suffering. (I'm sending a link to someone right now)

Chari said...

Yes, you are blessed girl!

blogger templates | Make Money Online