Monday, September 29, 2008

A FEW reasons I LOVE my Commute here in da NYC:

One day I'm going to work up the nerve to take photos of all the CUTIES I see on my commute. Until then, I searched for examples of the RANGE of TALENT that others have had the nerve to video & post on YouTube. Enjoy a TASTE of my NYC commute!

I actually saw/witnessed this magician & he was INCREDIBLE during the five minutes I saw him (this video does him little justice):


I've seen & purchased CD's from this group. At least I think this is the Brass Ensemble entitled Hypnotic.


The rest I've seen similar to:




I wish I could find a clip of the dude who did the "pole dance", and the breakers who were ON the moving train doing flips, etc. without touching anyone on the train, along with the Mexican guitar players & African Drummers.... So Many Talented folk, so few YouTube Videos... I hope you enjoyed what I could find!

13 Comments:

clnmike said...

The Brass band was pretty good.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Sister,
There are not many things I miss about commuting to NYC. However this is on of them, all the talent underground. There used to be this charming Jazz quartet that played in the evenings. That was the highlight of my commute home. I would make sure I got there early so I could listen for a few minutes before I hopped the train to CT.

Thanks for bringing back happy commuter memories! (smile)

Suldog said...

I love the NYC transit system. One of my fave things to do when visiting is to just take a ride and see what there is to see underground or in the air. I've seen some truly good performers, really odd people, great little out of the way places to eat, etc.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

ONLY IN THE NYC

SHOULD HAVE ASKED TO BE HIS AGENT HUSTLA

Mizrepresent said...

Gurl, i love NYC, always a treat when i visit, funnier than the ATL, for real!

Unknown said...

You had me with the horn section! The brothers are COLD!

Was the Puerto Rican guy singing or lip-syncing?

CapCity said...

clnmike - & that video doesn't do them justice! check their website link that I provided.

babz - glad i could bring back fond memories.

suldog - u got that right! it's the best FREE entertainment ANYwhere!

t-dawg - LOL! u right -- only in nyc!

miz - when u come NEXT week, we're gonna tear it up, AGAIN!!

new/ced - yea, u'd like that brass group live! ol' dude was really singing, i'm sure! So many here sing their hearts out! ;-)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

no magicians?
no dranking witht he girls lol

have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

wow! the magician is great and simply captivating his audience, that includes me.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think and even know that magicians are allowed to take the undies of the passengers. I am too... captivating indeed!

Blah Blah Blah said...

NYC has such to offer...lol Even if it's underground.
Hi CAP.

Lance said...

you can't do nuthin' but LOVE THIS CITY.

if you don't, you're missing out on life.

don't get me wrong, i'm a country boy at heart.

but it's something about the heartbeat of THIS city that keeps me young & vibrant. there's always something jumpin' off.

Lance said...

i love this city....

there's something about NYC that no other city can provide...it's not like i've been all over the world and visited their cities.

but it's more of the other way around.

blogger templates | Make Money Online