Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've been Awarded & Tagged by Blog-Land's Sweetest;-)

I am doubly blessed! First, Dear, Sweet Mel Avila honored me with the 24 Carat Gold Most Outstanding Blogger Award. I am thankful that he & his family did not suffer any damages in the typhoon that hit the Philippines.

Then, Brother G-Sweet tagged me & y'all know I have a weakness for his "type". LOL! His tag is pretty easy, too:

"List seven songs that you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring/summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

You all know that no matter how cute a cutie is I can't follow rules exactly, so here's my spin:
My songs are in this play list for u to enjoy at your leisure. If u like this one feel free to self-tag & let me know, so I can come by and check your tunes out;-).

Enjoy!


*click image for source.

11 Comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

What's good BW, I haven't talked to you in a while. I guess I need to set myself a reminder and hit you when the time is right.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

OOH delicious list! I love it all. D-Train! Oh man that brings back memories!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I got hit with this one too. Guess I better get to it!

12kyle said...

R-A-R-double E...S-S-EN-CE

nice list

Organized Noise said...

"It's Love" is my favorite Jill Scott song, hands down. If more musicians were able to infuse go-go into their music it would have caught on nationally.

I need you to make me a go-go cd. Every so often, I need to hear some E.U., JYB, and RE.

I'm going to listen to my Rare Essence live in concert tape right now.

G-Sweet said...

lol... i dont mind... im jealos, urs was more clever than mines!

CapCity said...

Rich - it's all good BM;-)!

Love - D-Train was the TRUFF weren't they?! LUV that song!

2nd 68 - I was gonna add YOUR song, but it holds no special meaning for me YET. I just LOVE IT & glad u "told" me about it!

12K - go 'head DC Go-Go convert! LOL!

O.N. - i DO have some chuck & R.E. that I can give ya. I'll have to ask my nephew if he can get me some jyb & EU next time I go home.

G-Sweet - i just figured u young'stahs would need to HEAR my old skool songs;-). LOL!

Sharon shares said...

Hey sis,
I am so feeling MJB's Just Fine right now...I think it is replacing Jill Scott's "Living My Life Like It's Golden" as my theme song which is funny as hell as right this minute though I'm alright I would definitely NOT say my life's JUST FINE! That's okay though, cause MJB took care of this sista with this particular cut and I can't get enough of it!

"--Got my head on straight I got my vibe right ain't gonna let you kill it..."

That's my shit!

CapCity said...

Sharon - i don't think u got give UP jilly from philly;-) sistah mjb's just broadening our musical feast!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

No worries! That song will be perfect for you. Just wait and see...

CapCity said...

2nd 68 - have i evah told u i Luv ya? I think you're the Brother I always wanted: Devilish & Dear 2 me!!

blogger templates | Make Money Online