Sunday, July 13, 2008

Blog Meet NYC

Let my lay-out F'up serve as a lesson to you boys & girls: Do NOT go blogging after a full night of fun - especially if it includes beverages of the intoxicating kind;-). I saw Rich's new three column layout & tried it on my own & ... welllll...

ANYwho! On Saturday I met up with Organized Noise, Amn.eris & Will. I, CAPCITaaaY was ONNN TIME (well, I was actually in the area EARLY - but now that I drive a bigger-than-MINI car it took me a bit longer to find parking;-)! LOL! Maybe O.N. is a good influence on me. I'm early to my new job most days AND now to a social event - what next? ;-)

Enjoy these images while I figure out how to get my fly header & other such features back.

Brief description of the following images:

Brooklyn Bridge with the water fall installation in the first two images. The third image is me at the South Street Seaport (to give you an idea of how far we were from The Bridge). The fourth & fifth images are of a "fab" wedding party O.N. & I watched have their wedding photo shoot as we stood on the third level deck waiting for the rest of our Blogging party. I was sooooo tempted to run down to get closer shots, but was not trying to get cut (& I hope none of them or their family members blog-crawl cuz i really am not trying to upset anyone - but it was SOO fabo with the groom in white Nike sneakers w/ red trim, red jeans, white tee & black sweater vest. The groomsmen wore shell tip Adidas, white tees, black jeans & Cardinals baseball caps .... ). Our party arrives & we venture into Cabana where we are seated almost immediately (God knows I love hanging with NYers with "hook ups". LOL!;-). O.N. & Amn.eris are smiling brightly since our white sangria has arrived! Two lovely glasses of the "nectar". Will & I are happy after a couple sips of the sangria (I know I was excited to be there;-). The appetizers went too quickly for me to get a shot (& didn't wanna get sauce all over the camera;-) -- the image of the Salmon Creole does it NO justice!! I will tell ya this: O.N., Amn.eris & I all ordered it & enjoyed it thoroughly!

Will had a meeting to attend soon after our meal, so he jetted, while the rest of us enjoyed the evening breeze & the amazing view from the South Street Seaport before we called it a night at around 9:30 or so. I was so delighted to get this beautiful shot of the Brooklyn Bridge with the waterfall lit beneath it!


This was just one night of my fantabulous weekend! There's not a lot more that's interesting to tell - but I was outdoors much of the weekend soaking up the delicious breezes AND I was productive. NOW, I'm going to get in bed at a decent hour so I can get to work early tomorrow. What more can one ask for? ;-) Hoping all of U had wonderful weekends also!

Click any image to enlarge & enjoy. If u dare try to pawn one off as your own - heck - there are a gazillion images of the Brooklyn Bridge online - so, thanx for the compliment that "stealing" is - cuz it means U really like MINE;-). LOL!

10 Comments:

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

Now that's what I call hot fun in the city!

Look at Will! Gosh I can't wait to get to there...but I have like 7 more cities to go through first..sigh!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

U should have called first. I lost a day trying to get that thing set up because I lost ALL my links.

Anonymous said...

Okay yea, i am going to have to steal a couple. LOL Right now I am trying to edit some of my pics. LOL

It was great seeing you!!

12kyle said...

loves nyc!!!

great post! looks like you had a lotta fun

Blah Blah Blah said...

If I can just remember...I mean, I write things down, add them to my phone calendar...but...I forget to look.

Swears...next one I am there.
I love the Gold Sangria. I remember dinner with ON and Will at Cabana. I remember Amneris and ON at South Street Seaport...
I remember ON had fireworks especially for our dinner...lol

Glad you all had fun.

KIKI said...

hehehehe...I've had many a layout f-up due to intoxication. I feel your pain...

But MAN!!! I gotta get my arse to NYC, and wit the quickness...ya'll doin it up and I feel so left out (pouty face). Glad you had fun, though. And look at you gettin to work all early & stuff like a big girl LMAO...I'm so proud of you.

Mizrepresent said...

Beautiful pics...tell Will, he' my new babydaddy, (lol, just kidding...kinda)

Eb the Celeb said...

Well... you know how I love the meet-ups... great pics!

Will said...

Heyyyy ... great post. And that pic of the waterfall, bridge AND boat? Incredible!

It was very nice seeing you again. Hopefully, next time I'll get to stay longer. :)

Will
dawsonink.net

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful! It's been a long time since I have seen the Brooklyn Bridge. I really have to plan a trip back to NY soon. The pictures of the wedding are really cute too! Glad you all had a great time!

Kei
http://therevealedoasis.blogspot.com

blogger templates | Make Money Online