Monday, July 14, 2008

HELP!! Which 2 Get?

CrackBerry? Palm? Treo? LG? WHAT 2 DO??

Soon, I'll be upgrading my phone & it's "bells & whistles". I want to be able to check email, maybe look over documents, a great GPS system & a qwerty keyboard. What do U suggest & WHY? I love what I've seen of the CrackBerry - but I won't be able to check work email (which MAY be a good thing = keep work & play separate...). But, still - i want as much unbiased info. as I can get (meaning: u don't get paid for any of the companies - do u? if u do, can u get me a hook up? LOL!). Also, it MUST work with Verizon - i'm NOT ever switching provider companies again - they're the best I've been with even if they are a bit pricier...

Thanx in advance for your input!

click on image for source.

10 Comments:

12kyle said...

FIRST

Go with the blackberry curve. you can't go wrong with the crackberry!

Your Favorite Teacher said...

Man, if only you would switch to At&T... I can actually blog from my iphone. It is AMAZING!!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

How the heck you gonna ask for all that UNBIASED advice and then limit us to Verizon? What the hey?

Anyway...

I wouldn't know....

It ain't a TV afterall! I am a man! I don't spend long amounts of time on the phone! A cell phone ain't really a Man's gadget!!!

Tirade done...

Nah mami. I really ain't no help on this one. My last phone was a Motorola W490 with T-Mobile. And it really can't do any of that stuff good! Although I did hear of this one phone that...

Stephen A. Bess said...

I have Verizon too and I am planning to upgrade as well. Let me know how things turn out. My job is requring me to ge a "crackberry" so we'll see. :)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

smoke signals are cheaper

Blah Blah Blah said...

If there was a plan...or "phone" that allowed me just a camera, calendar and texting abilities...I'd get it.
I rarely talk on the phone...and when I do...I usually put it on speakerphone and let the other person babble on abut...whatever they think is important information...lol

So...you know I am still confused about your residence...you're in NY or DC?
Umm, you told me this already huh? So What! lol

Tiffany S. Jones said...

I have a Moto Q that is going to have to be compatiable with Verizon since they just bought Alltel. I love Alltel but I wouldn't recommend the Moto Q. I like my phone but it won't hold a decent charge. It's better now because I essentially have chargers everywhere I decide to go (home, work, the car, my dad's house).
If you want a smartphone, you can never go wrong with Crackberry, that'll probably be my next phone.

Eb the Celeb said...

Crackberry... and there is a license you can get for your blackberry so that you can get your work email server added to the crackberry... you work IT dept. should be able to help you...

crackberry all the way... i hate the treo

crackberry curve or the new 9000... cant go wrong with them

Unknown said...

Google "cellphone reviews and forums" when you have about 20 minutes to think on the subject. Sprintusers.com covers A TON of questions about equipment, services, plans, and tips and tricks to get what little money's worth you can from the phone you inevitably pick. Right now, Wifey is looking harrrrd (inside joke for her since I tell her that LA hood cats hit the letter "R" so hard in their speech) at the Blackberry Curve. I love the Motorola Q9c because I can do so much on it, and the extended battery gives it a seven-hour straight talk time (came with it through Sprint). As for the work email issue, IF your school allows push email to your PDA, you can get help from IT people on how to work with MS Outlook or VPN connections (I can talk that tech stuff when I need to! LOL!) on your new phone. Look around, and don't just stick with Verizon. In fact, let them know that you're shopping around so they'll drop some nice discounts to woo you their way again...

Anonymous said...

I was actually thinking of getting a Blackberry Pearl. The only problem is, it's a little small for reading documents and email. If you are in to smaller phones, that one may work well for you. I have heard that the Moto Q is pretty good, but I am not sure if Verizon carries it. Sometimes I tell myself to just keep my internet on my laptop and my calls on my cell phone, lol. But if work calls for it while you're on the go, you have to do what you have to do. I hope you find a great cell!

Kei
http://therevealedoasis.blogspot.com

blogger templates | Make Money Online