Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday - special writer's edition

Slowly recuperating ... It's Still Thursday & I'm STILL Thankful;-) During previous Thankful weeks I listed:

184) This is future - but I'm still hyped & glad to experience Anticipation for it: Going to a FLY V.I.P. party tonight being hosted by one of my former class-mates who I haven't seen in AGES! It's SOOO exclusive the invite says no cameras allowed;-). I'm really looking forward to the REUNION in this setting!

185) More Anticipation: I'm excited that I'm going to return to the ATL for 2nd time this summer on Friday after work for the NBCC! My first time at the NBCC;-).

141) I'm INVITED TO SHARE my Writing at a MUSEUM!!

Below are images & VERY brief updates about those events:


Last Thursday evening my good friend, DKM (along with her man) & I enjoyed the festivities at Wesley Snipes' birthday party where I mixed & mingled with a rack of celebs - including a Brother I met thru our own Eb the Celeb;-). I talked to Brother Haki Madhubuti who blessed me with a copy of his newest book. I can proudly say I had a SOBER Blast in an OPEN BAR/TOP SHELF party!! Okay, so the fact that I was driving AND had to work the next day were my greatest incentives;-). Still, I had a FUNKY GOOD time! It was great reconnecting with other alum & long-time friends, too! Thanx L.D. for the invite and we'll all have to hook up again, J.R.!

After work the next day = Friday I took the subway then the bus to the airport & headed to the ATL for the NBCC. Upon arrival I immediately joined Sistahs Miz & BklynGirl at the bar, of course;-). I must say - we DID the THANG & Sistah Miz was on FIYAH!!


I'm too tired to write much, so Click Here to Read BklynGirl's post about the event. Click Here to Read Miz's post about it!

U know I couldn't visit the ATL a second time in the same summer without stopping thru Raw Dawg's Biz & Party Spot!



Flew back to NYC on Tuesday and got it in gear for my Wednesday Bronx Museum Reading. Was so excited that my Bronx crew of sistahs-support group came out. BrooklynGirl made that hike up north & guess who came out the woodwork? THAT JOHNSON BOY! This sistah could NOT have ASKED The Creator for a more wonderful group of folk to share the evening and a lovely repast with after the signing.

4 Comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

WOW!, It looks likeyou were a true jetsetter!

I am so glad you had a good time in the ATL!

KO Johnson text me through out the whole reading...so I sort of felt like I was there!

I can't wait to chat...when you get back from your other BIG getaway!

Love YOU!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you showl be on the go. Looks like you're enjoying yourself and that is all that matters.

Anonymous said...

You are doing the damn thing. I'm taking notes, MsCapCiTAY! :)

PS. *waving at that Johnson Boy and the fabulous Uptown sister friends* I had a wonderful time. Inspiration, motivation and cocktails. There's no better combination!

Mizrepresent said...

Oh what a wonderful crowd, and thanks for the pics lady!

blogger templates | Make Money Online